This was AMAZING. Used real eggs and skipped papaya as it was not ripe in time. So easy, so good. Run, do not walk, to make it.
Baked Coconut French Toast with Tropical Fruit Compote
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 349
- Calories from fat: 22%
- Fat: 8.6g
- Saturated fat: 3.5g
- Monounsaturated fat: 1.5g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 2.5g
- Protein: 8.6g
- Carbohydrate: 60.3g
- Fiber: 4.1g
- Cholesterol: 0.0mg
- Iron: 1.8mg
- Sodium: 309mg
- Calcium: 44mg
- 1 1/2 cups chopped fresh pineapple
- 1 cup chopped peeled mango
- 1 cup chopped peeled papaya
- 1 cup chopped peeled kiwifruit
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- French toast:
- 16 (1-inch-thick) slices diagonally cut French bread baguette (about 10 ounces)
- Cooking spray
- 1 1/4 cups light coconut milk
- 1 1/4 cups egg substitute
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup flaked sweetened coconut
- To prepare compote, combine first 6 ingredients. Cover and chill for 8 hours or overnight.
- To prepare the French toast, arrange bread in a single layer in a 13 x 9-inch baking dish coated with cooking spray. Combine light coconut milk, egg substitute, 1/2 cup sugar, and 1 tablespoon vanilla, stirring with a whisk, and pour evenly over bread. Turn the bread over to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Remove bread mixture from refrigerator, and uncover. Turn bread slices over, and sprinkle evenly with flaked coconut. Let stand at room temperature 15 minutes. Bake, uncovered, at 350º for 30 minutes or until coconut is golden. Serve warm with fruit compote.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Breakfast/Brunch