Fill tortillas with tender shredded chicken, then top them with a thick, full-flavored sauce. From Angela Oelschlaeger: Tonganoxie, Kansas. Serving Accompaniments: Broccoli Raisin Salad and Pineapple Orange Sherbet. Recipe published in Light & Tasty April/May 2002.
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 2 1/2 cup(s) shredded cooked chicken breast
- 1 cup(s) salsa
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 3/4 teaspoon(s) ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) dried oregano
- 6 flour tortillas (10 inches), warmed
- 3/4 cup(s) shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- 1 cup(s) reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 2 teaspoon(s) chicken bouillon granules
- 1/8 teaspoon(s) pepper
- 1/4 cup(s) all-purpose flour
- 1 cup(s) fat-free half-and-half
- 1 4-ounce can(s) chopped green chilies
- • In a nonstick skillet, simmer the chicken, salsa, onion, cumin and oregano until heated through and most of the liquid has evaporated.
- • Place 1/2 cup chicken mixture down the center of each tortilla; top with 2 tablespoons cheese. Fold sides and ends over filling and roll up.
- • Place seam side down in a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Bake, uncovered, at 425° for 15 minutes or until lightly browned.
- • Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, combine the broth, bouillon and pepper. Cook until bouillon is dissolved. In a small bowl, combine flour and cream until smooth; gradually stir into broth. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in chilies; cook until heated through. To serve, cut chimichangas in half; top with sauce.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by psfreeman and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note