Okay but I won't make it again. I used homemade paneer. Would have been better with a cheese that melts.
Baked Chickpeas with Paneer
More From Health
Amount per serving
- Calories: 277
- Fat: 9g
- Saturated fat: 3g
- Monounsaturated fat: 2g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 3g
- Protein: 15g
- Carbohydrate: 37g
- Fiber: 11g
- Cholesterol: 10mg
- Iron: 5mg
- Sodium: 331mg
- Calcium: 245mg
- 1 tablespoon neutral oil (such as grapeseed), divided, plus more for the baking dish
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (1-inch) slice ginger, peeled and minced
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh hot chile
- 2 teaspoons garam masala or curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- Large dash of sugar
- 2 cups chopped ripe tomato (1 pound whole), peeled and seeded, or diced canned tomatoes, drained
- 1/2 cup light coconut milk
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- Cooking spray
- 1 pound baby spinach leaves, chopped
- 3 cups drained canned chickpeas (garbanzo beans)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup fresh cheese, cubed (such as mozzarella)
- 1. Heat half of oil in a deep skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion, garlic, ginger, and chile. Cook until onion is soft (about 5 minutes), stirring occasionally. Stir in garam masala, chili powder, and sugar; cook until fragrant (1 or 2 minutes), stirring constantly.
- 2. Add tomatoes; cook (about 3 minutes), stirring frequently. Add coconut milk and cilantro; cook until mixture comes to a boil, stirring constantly. Reduce heat to simmer; cook until tomatoes break up and mixture thickens (about 20 minutes), stirring occasionally.
- 3. Preheat oven to 400°. Coat a 9- by 13-inch baking dish with cooking spray. Place remaining oil in a small pan over medium-high heat. Add half of spinach to tomato sauce; cook until wilted (about 3 minutes), stirring frequently. Add remaining spinach; cook until wilted (2-3 minutes), stirring frequently.
- 4. Spread tomato sauce into dish; spoon chickpeas on top. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Place cheese evenly over dish. Bake until sauce is bubbly and cheese and beans have browned (20-30 minutes). Remove from oven; serve.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This