- 4 whole chicken breasts, split, boned, and skinned
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, melted
- 1/2 cup chopped shallots
- 1/2 cup Chablis or other dry, white wine
- 1/2 pound fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
How to Make It
Sprinkle surface of chicken with salt and pepper; brown on all sides in butter in a large skillet. Remove chicken from skillet, and set aside.
Sauté shallots in butter in skillet until tender. Return chicken breasts to skillet; add wine. Cover and cook over low heat 20 minutes. Add mushrooms and chopped parsley; cover and continue cooking 5 minutes or until chicken is tender. Remove chicken to a warm serving platter; spoon mushroom sauce over chicken and serve.