Baked Chicken with Mushroom Gravy
- 1/4 cup(s) butter, melted
- 1/4 cup(s) all-purpose flour
- 1 broiler/fryer chicken (3-1/2 to 4 pounds), cut up
- 2 cup(s) sliced onions
- 4 ounce(s) fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 10 3/4-ounce can(s) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 5-ounce can(s) evaporated milk
- 1 cup(s) (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1/8 teaspoon(s) pepper
- Dash paprika
- Hot cooked rice, optional
- • Pour melted butter into an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish; set aside. Place flour in a large resealable plastic bag. Add chicken, a few pieces at a time; shake to coat. Place chicken, skin side down, in baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 425° for 30 minutes. Turn chicken pieces; bake and additional 20 minutes.
- • Meanwhile, saute onions and mushrooms in a nonstick skillet until tender. In a bowl, combine next five ingredients. Drain and discard chicken drippings. Cover chicken with onions, mushrooms and the soup mixture. Sprinkle with paprika. Reduce heat to 325° Cover and bake 20 minutes or until juices run clear. Serve over rice if desired.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by psfreeman and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note