Baked Chicken Spring Rolls
Photo: Antonis Achilleos; Styling: Gerri Williams for James Reps
More From Allyou
Amount per serving
- Calories: 215
- Fat: 7g
- Saturated fat: 1g
- Protein: 12g
- Carbohydrate: 26g
- Fiber: 2g
- Cholesterol: 25mg
- Sodium: 388mg
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 cups shredded cooked boneless, skinless chicken
- 1 16-oz. bag coleslaw mix
- 4 scallions, white and light green parts, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 20 egg-roll wrappers (from 1 16-oz. package)
- 1. Preheat oven to 400ºF. Brush a rimmed baking sheet with 1 Tbsp. vegetable oil. Combine chicken, coleslaw mix, scallions, ginger, sesame oil and soy sauce in a large bowl.
- 2. Put 2 Tbsp. water into a small bowl. Place an egg-roll wrapper on a flat surface with a long side facing you. (Keep other wrappers covered while you work.) Spoon about 1/4 cup chicken mixture in a line 1 inch from bottom edge of wrapper, leaving 1 inch on either side. Moisten edge farthest away from you with water. Roll bottom edge over chicken and then fold side edges in toward filling. Roll wrapper tightly and seal by pressing lightly on edge. Place on baking sheet, seam side down. Repeat with remaining filling and wrappers.
- 3. Brush tops of rolls with remaining 3 Tbsp. oil and bake for 15 minutes. Turn and bake until crisp and golden on both sides, about 10 minutes longer. Serve immediately.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note