Baked Chicken Sandwiches with Mushroom Sauce
- 16 slice(s) white sandwich bread
- 8 slice(s) Swiss cheese
- 2 cup(s) cubed cooked chicken
- 4 eggs
- 2 1/2 cup(s) milk
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) pepper
- 1 cup(s) cornflake crumbs
- 1 tablespoon(s) butter, melted
- MUSHROOM SAUCE:
- 1 8-ounce can(s) mushrooms stems and pieces, drained
- 2 tablespoon(s) butter
- 1 10 3/4-ounce can(s) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1/2 cup(s) milk
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) dried thyme
- • In a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan, arrange eight slices of bread. Place a slice of cheese on each; top with chicken and another slice of bread. Beat eggs, milk and pepper; pour over the sandwiches.
- • In a small bowl, combine crumbs and butter until crumbly; sprinkle over sandwiches. Bake at 350° for 1 hour 20 minutes or until golden brown.
- • Meanwhile, for sauce, in a small skillet, saute mushrooms in butter. Stir in the remaining ingredients. Heat through but do not boil. Serve with sandwiches.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by psfreeman and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note