good weeknight meal, used rotisserie chicken. Split into two smaller pyrex dishes so I had one for us and one for a friend who just had a baby.
Baked Chicken and Rice With Black Beans
Photo: William Dickey; Styling: Rose Nguyen
More From Southern Living
Bake: 40 Minutes
- 1 (10-oz.) package yellow rice mix
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped carrot
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1 (15-oz.) can black beans, drained
- 1 (10-oz.) can diced tomatoes and green chiles, undrained
- 2 cups (8 oz.) grated Monterey Jack cheese
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°. Prepare rice according to package directions.
- 2. Meanwhile, sauté onion, bell pepper, and carrot in hot oil in a medium skillet over medium heat 10 minutes or until tender.
- 3. Combine hot cooked rice, onion mixture, chicken, beans, diced tomatoes and chiles, and 1 1/2 cups cheese in a large bowl. Spoon into a lightly greased 3-qt. or 13- x 9-inch baking dish; sprinkle with remaining 1/2 cup cheese.
- 4. Bake, covered, at 350° for 30 minutes; uncover and bake 10 minutes or until cheese is melted.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes