good weeknight meal, used rotisserie chicken. Split into two smaller pyrex dishes so I had one for us and one for a friend who just had a baby.
Baked Chicken and Rice With Black Beans
Online reviewers give this recipe five stars for being an easy weeknight dish. Because it's brimming with veggies in addition to the rice, chicken, beans and cheese, it really is a one-dish meal.
More From Southern Living
Bake: 40 Minutes
- 1 (10-oz.) package yellow rice mix
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped carrot
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1 (15-oz.) can black beans, drained
- 1 (10-oz.) can diced tomatoes and green chiles, undrained
- 2 cups (8 oz.) grated Monterey Jack cheese
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°. Prepare rice according to package directions.
- 2. Meanwhile, sauté onion, bell pepper, and carrot in hot oil in a medium skillet over medium heat 10 minutes or until tender.
- 3. Combine hot cooked rice, onion mixture, chicken, beans, diced tomatoes and chiles, and 1 1/2 cups cheese in a large bowl. Spoon into a lightly greased 3-qt. or 13- x 9-inch baking dish; sprinkle with remaining 1/2 cup cheese.
- 4. Bake, covered, at 350° for 30 minutes; uncover and bake 10 minutes or until cheese is melted.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note