Baked Chicken Fajitas
Yield: 4 servings (serving size: 2 fajitas).
More From Oxmoor House
Amount per serving
- Calories: 483
- Calories from fat: 17%
- Fat: 9.1g
- Saturated fat: 3.4g
- Monounsaturated fat: 2.6g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1.8g
- Protein: 35.1g
- Carbohydrate: 65.8g
- Fiber: 0.0g
- Cholesterol: 82mg
- Iron: 0.0mg
- Sodium: 778mg
- Calcium: 0.0mg
- 1/2 cup fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 1 pound skinned, boned chicken breasts, cut into thin strips
- 1/4 cup canned low-sodium chicken broth, undiluted
- 1 medium-size green pepper, seeded and cut into 1/4-inch-wide strips
- 1 medium-size sweet yellow pepper, seeded and cut into 1/4-inch-wide strips
- 1 large onion, cut in half lengthwise and sliced into strips
- Vegetable cooking spray
- 8 (8 1/2-inch) fat-free flour tortillas
- 2 cups chopped tomato
- 1/2 cup low-fat sour cream
- Combine first 6 ingredients in a heavy-duty, zip-top plastic bag; add chicken. Seal bag, and shake until chicken is well coated. Marinate in refrigerator 1 hour, turning occasionally.
- Remove chicken from marinade, reserving marinade. Place marinade in a small saucepan; add broth, and bring to a boil. Remove from heat, and set aside.
- Place peppers and onion in a 13- x 9- x 2-inch baking dish coated with cooking spray. Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 10 minutes. Stir in chicken. Pour marinade mixture over chicken and vegetables. Bake 15 to 18 minutes or until chicken is done.
- Wrap tortillas in aluminum foil. Bake at 325° for 15 minutes.
- Spoon chicken and vegetables evenly down centers of tortillas, using a slotted spoon; roll up tortillas. Top each with 1/4 cup chopped tomato and 1 tablespoon sour cream.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note