Baked Chicken Enchiladas
Loaded with veggies, this quick weeknight dinner cooks up in just 15 minutes.
Yield: 6 servings (serving size: 1 enchilada)
More From Oxmoor House
Amount per serving
- Calories: 335
- Calories from fat: 0.0%
- Fat: 11.1g
- Saturated fat: 5g
- Monounsaturated fat: 2.8g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.8g
- Protein: 27.9g
- Carbohydrate: 31.9g
- Fiber: 4.4g
- Cholesterol: 68mg
- Iron: 2.5mg
- Sodium: 758mg
- Calcium: 317mg
- 1 cup bottled salsa, divided
- 1 (8-ounce) carton light sour cream
- 1 1/2 cups chopped cooked chicken breast (about 3/4 pound)
- 2/3 cup shredded zucchini (about 1 medium)
- 2/3 cup chopped tomato
- 1/3 cup chopped green or red bell pepper
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 6 (7-inch) whole-wheat flour tortillas
- Cooking spray
- 3/4 cup (3 ounces) preshredded reduced-fat 4-cheese Mexican blend cheese
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°.
- 2. Combine 1/2 cup salsa and sour cream in a small bowl. Combine chicken and next 4 ingredients in a large bowl. Spread 2 tablespoons salsa mixture over each tortilla. Spoon 1/2 cup chicken mixture evenly down center of each tortilla; roll up. Place rolls, seam sides down, in a 13 x 9inch glass or ceramic baking dish coated with cooking spray. Top with remaining 1/2 cup salsa.
- 3. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 15 minutes. Sprinkle with cheese; bake an additional 5 minutes or until cheese melts.
- Nutrition note: Wrap It Up Whole-wheat tortillas are a great way to add some fun to ordinary sandwiches and snacks. Forget the bread, and try sandwich fixings like turkey, ham, cheeses, hummus, and veggies wrapped in a tortilla. Or be more adventurous with tossed salads, scrambled eggs, or peanut butter and banana slices. Opt for whole-wheat or whole-grain tortillas with 3 grams of fat or less to maximize nutrient content, and watch the size and calorie content. Some tortillas can have up to 300 calories each! Smaller whole-grain taco or fajita-size tortillas (6-inch or 7-inch) are usually perfect for kids and typically have around 130 calories and 3 to 5 grams of fiber.
- Young Chefs can:
- Measure shredded zucchini
- Count out tortillas
- Older Chefs can:
- Stir salsa and sour cream together
- Assemble tortillas, and place in baking dish
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes