Baked Chicken with Dried Fruit
"My mom used to serve this easy-but-special dish at dinner parties, and now I do, too."
Jenny Cohen Kabaker, 29, Los Angeles
More From Allyou
- Calories: 598
- Fat: 16g
- Saturated fat: 4g
- Protein: 48g
- Carbohydrate: 63g
- Fiber: 6g
- Cholesterol: 171mg
- Sodium: 491mg
- 3/4 cup dried apricots, chopped
- 3/4 cup dried cherries or dried cranberries
- 3/4 cup pitted prunes, chopped
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1/2 cup cider vinegar
- 1 4-lb. chicken, cut into 8 pieces
- Salt and pepper
- 1. Preheat oven to 375°F. In a small saucepan, combine fruit, mustard, juice and vinegar. Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until mixture is thick, about 5 minutes.
- 2. Line a 9-by-13-inch baking pan with foil; mist with cooking spray. Season chicken with salt and pepper and place in pan. Pour fruit mixture over and around chicken. Bake until an instant-read thermometer inserted into the thickest part of the thigh reads 165°F, about 1 hour. Let rest 5 minutes before serving.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note