Baked Chicken and Potatoes with Mushroom Gravy
Baked Chicken and Potatoes with Mushroom Gravy is a quick and easy recipe that the whole family will love. The best thing about the recipe is that you can add whatever vegetable sides you like without any muss or fuss.
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 5 whole(s) chicken breasts Baked
- 8 whole(s) Potatoes (any kind will do) Sliced
- 2 can(s) Cambell's Creamy Mushroom Soup
- Other Items you will Need:
- 1 Large Glass Baking Pan
- 1 Medium Sauce Pan
- Non Stick Spray
- Seasonings (optional)
- First Step:
- Preheat your oven to 350*F
- Pan Prep:
- Simply spray your pan down with a non stick cooking spray of your choice (I personally prefer to lightly coat my pan with Olive or Canola Oil).
- Potato Prep:
- 1.) Clean and scrub potatoes under warm water using a bristle brush (I would advise buying a cheap nail brush and labeling it Potato Brush so that no one gets confused).
- 2.) Slice potatoes to create 1/4 inch think slices.
- 3.) Lightly season the potatoes slices with oregano.
- 4.) Lay your potato slices around the outer edge of your prepared pan slightly overlapping, leaving enough room in the middle of the pan to lay your chicken.
- Chicken Prep:
- 1.) Cut your chicken breast to the desired serving size.
- 2.) Season your chicken with whatever you like. I like to use Avico Poultry Seasoning, but you can use rosemary or basil or nothing at all.
- 3.) Lay seasoned chicken into the middle of the prepared pan.
- Final Steps:
- 1.) Open one can of the Campbell's Creamy Mushroom Soup.
- 2.) Gently pour soup over the top of the chicken.
- 3.) Place the entire pan in the oven and bake until chicken is done.
- After thoughts:
- So I'm sure you are all saying "Okay we used one can of the Campbell's Creamy Mushroom soup but there is still another can laying on my counter. What is the point of that?". Well that answer is very simply and I will tell you right now what we are going to do with it. Remember that sauce pan from the beginning? Well it's time to pull that out.
- Campbell's Creamy Mushroom Soup
- 1.) Open one can of Cambells Creamy Mushroom Soup.
- 2.) Pour into sauce pan and heat on stove.
- 3.) Once cooked pour into a gravy boot (or anything that you hold your extra sauce in) and cover to keep warm.
- While you wait for your chicken to cook, why don't you throw in a can of corn. Add any vegetable sides you want or like and cook them while you wait for your chicken to be done.
- Once chicken is cooked you are good to serve.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by Nyckita and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note