For me it was the ease of preparation and The great taste that sold me on this dish.
Baked Chicken and Mushrooms
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) paprika
- 1/2 pound(s) fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 tablespoon(s) butter
- 1/2 cup(s) sherry or chicken broth
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1/8 teaspoon(s) pepper
- 3/4 cup(s) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- • Arrange chicken in a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Sprinkle with paprika. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 15 minutes.
- • Meanwhile, in a large nonstick skillet, saute mushrooms in butter for 5 minutes. Add the sherry or broth, green onions, garlic, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil. Pour over chicken.
- • Bake 10-15 minutes longer or until a meat thermometer reads 170°. Top with cheese. Bake for 3-5 minutes or until cheese is melted.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by psfreeman and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note