Baked Cheese Grits
This recipe goes with Grillades and Baked Cheese Grits
Yield: Makes 12 servings
- 5 cups water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/3 cups uncooked quick-cooking white grits
- 1 (15 1/2-ounce) can yellow hominy, drained
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Bring 5 cups water and salt to a boil in a heavy Dutch oven; gradually stir in grits. Return to a boil; reduce heat, and cook 4 to 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in hominy, butter, and Cheddar cheese; spoon into a lightly greased 13- x 9-inch baking dish. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- Bake at 350° for 45 minutes or until set.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Side Dishes/Vegetables