Baked Cheddar-Stuffed Jalapenos
- 12 - 14 fresh green and/or red jalapeno peppers
- 1 Cup shredded cheddar cheese (4 oz)
- 3 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 2 eggs
- 1 T. milk
- 1 cup dry fine bread crumbs
- 1. Line a baking sheet with foil, set aside. Cut each pepper in half lengthwise (do not remove stem), remove seeds and membranes, set aside.
- My note - I tried to cut them in half right through the stem so that each half would have a stem. They looked pretty that way and also each pepper had their own little handle!!
- 2. For filling, in a medium bowl, stir together cheddar cheese, cream cheese and chili powder. Spread some filling into each pepper half.
- My note - I packed it in and then leveled it off so that it wasn't heaping over the pepper. This is how it looked in the photo.
- 3. Preheat oven to 325. In a small bowl, combine eggs and milk, beat with a whisk. Place bread crumbs in a shallow dish. Dip each pepper half inot egg mixture, then roll in bread crumbs. Place pepper halves, filled sides up on the prepared baking sheet.
- 4. Bake about 25 minutes or until brown and heated through. Serve warm with sourcream, garnish with cilantro if desired. Makes 24 - 28 servings.
- Notes: Really, really good! Dad was amazed that I made them - though I bought them from the store. April 2010 - Still great!
This recipe is a personal recipe added by karen92157 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Baked Cheddar-Stuffed Jalapenos Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Appetizers