The cheddar cheese and bread crumb topping makes this a pretty casserole. The amounts can easily be doubled for a larger group. Recipe published in Country Extra November 2006
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 4 tablespoon(s) butter, divided
- 2 tablespoon(s) olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 16-ounce package(s) frozen cauliflower, thawed
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1/8 teaspoon(s) pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon(s) ground nutmeg
- 1/4 cup(s) dry bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup(s) shredded cheddar cheese
- • In a large skillet, saute onion in 2 tablespoons butter and oil until onion is tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in the cauliflower, salt, pepper and nutmeg; saute for 2 minutes.
- • Transfer to a greased 1-qt. baking dish. Melt remaining butter; toss with bread crumbs. Sprinkle over cauliflower mixture.
- • Cover and bake at 350° for 15 minutes. Uncover; bake for 10 minutes or until heated through. Sprinkle with cheese; bake 3-5 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Yield: 4-6 servings.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by psfreeman and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note