Baked Cardamom Pears and Apricots
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 343
- Calories from fat: 12%
- Protein: 5.5g
- Fat: 4.4g
- Saturated fat: 1.6g
- Carbohydrate: 74g
- Fiber: 5.5g
- Sodium: 74mg
- Cholesterol: 5.8mg
- 1 1/2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1/3 cup regular or quick-cooking rolled oats
- 1/3 cup toasted wheat germ
- 1/3 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons chopped almonds
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 1/2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1 cup (about 6 oz.) dried apricots
- 4 firm-ripe pears, such as Bosc or Comice (2 to 2 1/4 lb. total)
- 1 quart vanilla nonfat frozen yogurt
- 1. Cut butter into small pieces. In an 8- or 9-inch square pan, mix butter with oats, wheat germ, brown sugar, and almonds.
- 2. Bake in a 350° oven until mixture is lightly browned and crisp, 10 to 15 minutes; stir several times. Let cool.
- 3. Meanwhile, in a 2- to 3-quart pan, combine honey, lemon juice, vanilla, almond extract, cardamom, apricots, and 2 tablespoons water. Bring to a boil and remove from heat.
- 4. Peel, halve, and core pears. Lay pears, cut side down, in a shallow 2- to 2 1/2-quart casserole. Spoon honey-apricot mixture over pears and cover casserole tightly.
- 5. Bake until pears are tender when pierced, 35 to 40 minutes.
- 6. Spoon pears, apricots, and juices equally into wide bowls. Add scoops of frozen yogurt to each serving and sprinkle with topping.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Desserts