- 1 1/2 cups firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- 1 (4 1/2- to 5-pound) whole Canadian bacon
- 1 cup Chablis or other dry white wine
- Port Wine Sauce
How to Make It
Combine brown sugar, vinegar, and mustard in a medium mixing bowl, mixing to form a paste; stir well, and set aside.
Place bacon in a lightly greased roasting pan; coat with brown sugar paste. Cover tightly with aluminum foil, and refrigerate overnight.
Pour wine over bacon; cover and bake at 350° for 1 1/2 hours. Uncover and bake an additional 30 minutes or until bacon has browned. Remove bacon to a warm serving platter; let stand 10 minutes before slicing. Slice and serve with Port Wine Sauce.