Baked Camembert with Pears
Photo: Christina Holmes
A splash of pear brandy plus maple syrup and Spanish almonds put a modern spin on baked Brie.
More From Food & Wine
- 8 ounces (one round) Camembert, ripe
- 1 tablespoon pear brandy
- 1 tablespoon pure maple syrup
- 1 pinch of salt
- 1/4 cup marcona almonds, chopped
- 2 Bosc pears, cut into thin wedges
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- Preheat the oven to 400°. Put the Camembert in a small baking dish. In a bowl, combine the brandy, maple syrup and salt and pour over the cheese. Bake for about 7 minutes, until the cheese is very soft. Spoon any liquid over the cheese and sprinkle with the almonds. Toss the pears with the lemon juice and serve alongside the cheese.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This