Baked Butternut Squash with Apples and Raisins
Cubed Butternut Squash, tart apples and raisins team with brown sugar substitute and cinnamon it this quick toss in the oven and bake recipe. A great side for any meal, but goes particularly well with pork or chicken dishes.
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1 whole(s) Butternut Squash, about 1.5 lb. peel squash, cut off end and remove seeds, cut into 1 inch cubes.
- 1 whole(s) Firm Apple core, cut into cubes
- 1/2 cup(s) Seedless Raisins
- 2 tablespoon(s) ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup(s) Brown Sugar Substitute
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Remove skin of squash, cut off ends, halve and scoop out seeds. Cut each half into approx. 1 inch cubes.
- Halve and core apple and cut into 1 inch cubes. (any apple works, but the more firm and tart baking varieties add a lot more flavor.)
- Combine squash,apple and raisins in an 8x8 shallow baking dish and spray with olive oil non-stick coating. Stir lightly to coat all pieces.
- Sprinkle mixture with cinnamon and brown sugar substitute.
- Cover dish with aluminum foil and bake for approximately 30 minutes or until squash is fork tender.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by Anthrobob and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note