Baked Burfi Kulfi Cake
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 3/2 cup(s) nuts roasted and finely crushed
- 3/2 cup(s) flour
- 1 cup(s) sugar
- 1 cup(s) water
- 1/2 cup(s) vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon(s) baking powder
- 1 teaspoon(s) baking soda
- 2 tablespoon(s) apple cider vinegar
- 10 Cardamom Pods peeled and finely ground
- 1 teaspoon(s) fennel seeds finely ground
- (For 1 single layer round cake or 12 cupcakes @ 350 Degrees for 30-35 min)
- Roast the nuts until lightly brown and crush them until finely ground in a food processor. In a large bowl, start adding the rest of the ingredients one at a time. If you don't have any whole cardamom pods or whole fennel seeds (or you are too lazy to peel & crush them yourself), you can use cardamom powder and fennel powder. Bake at 350 degrees for about a half an hour. You will need more time if you are making a round layer cake, and less time if you are making cupcakes. Test by inserting a toothpick- if it comes out clean then the cake is done. Let it cool, and top with a sugar glaze (1 cup powdered sugar, pinch of cardamom powder, 2 + Tbsps water, whisked) and slivered almonds or coconut flakes- or even real silver (like Indian Burfi!) Enjoy!
- For a video tutorial: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Co0Xg9NJ4lo
- For more wellness tips and inspiration, visit BodyMindSoulWellness's facebook page, http://www.facebook.com/bodymindsoulwellness, and blog, http://bodymindsoulwellness.blogspot.com/
- For information on personal wellness coaching: http://www.bodymindsoulwellness.com
This recipe is a personal recipe added by BodyMindSoulW and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Baked Burfi Kulfi Cake Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Desserts