Baked Brisket Au Jus
- 1 (5-pound) beef brisket
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 4 celery ribs
- 1/2 cup tomato paste
- 1/2 cup tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 cup brewed coffee
- Place brisket, fat side up, in a roasting pan. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Top with onion and celery.
- Stir together tomato paste, tomato sauce, and Worcestershire sauce; pour over beef.
- Bake brisket at 325° for 1 hour. Cover and bake 2 more hours, basting with pan juices occasionally. Add coffee; cover and bake 2 more hours, checking every 30 minutes for dryness. Add 1/4 cup water, if necessary.
- Remove brisket from pan; let stand 20 minutes. Cut brisket across grain into thin slices using a sharp knife.
- Strain pan drippings, and serve with sliced brisket.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes