Baked Brie with Cranberry Chutney
- 1 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 cup cranberry juice drink
- 4 cups fresh cranberries (16 ounces)
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup currants
- 1/4 cup fresh orange juice
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 6 sheets frozen phyllo pastry, thawed
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 8 ounces Brie, cut into 3/4-inch pieces
- Combine sugar and juice drink in a medium saucepan; bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring until sugar dissolves. Add cranberries and next 6 ingredients; return to a boil. Reduce heat, and simmer, uncovered, 5 minutes or until thickened, stirring often. Cool completely (mixture will thicken as it cools).
- Place 1 sheet phyllo on a damp towel; brush with butter. Layer a second and third sheet on top of the first, brushing each with butter. (Set remaining 3 sheets aside, covering with a damp towel to prevent drying out.)
- Cut phyllo in half lengthwise; cut each half crosswise into thirds, forming 6 squares. Place 2 pieces of Brie in center of each square. Gather corners of phyllo squares over Brie, and twist gently, forming a bundle. Place bundles on a lightly greased baking sheet. Repeat procedure with remaining phyllo, butter, and Brie.
- Bake at 375° for 13 minutes or until golden. Place 2 bundles on each of 6 individual serving plates, and serve hot with cranberry chutney.
Note: Serve leftover chutney with roast chicken, pork, or ham.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This