Community Recipe from
- It’s best to use a firm, fairly unripe Brie for this recipe. Freezing Brie for about 20 minutes is a trick we discovered that will keep the cheese from melting too much during baking, while still allowing it to become soft and spreadable.
- Also, while this recipe calls for apricot preserves or hot pepper jelly, other fruit preserves or chutney can be used.—the Editors at America’s Test Kitchen
- Note: Although some of our readers are fond of making their own puff pastry, we found that store-bought is actually better for this recipe.—David Leite
- convert Ingredients
- One 9-by-9 1/2-inch sheet frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- One 8-ounce wheel firm Brie cheese
- 1/4 cup apricot preserves or hot pepper jelly
- Want it? Click it.
- 1. Roll the puff pastry into a 12-inch square on a lightly floured counter. Using a pie plate or other round guide, trim the pastry to a 9-inch circle with a paring knife. Brush the edges lightly with the beaten egg. Place the Brie in the center of the pastry circle and wrap it in the pastry (see Note). Brush the exterior of the pastry with beaten egg and transfer to a parchment-lined baking sheet. Freeze for 20 minutes.
- 2. Adjust an oven rack to the middle position and heat the oven to 425°F (220°C). Bake the cheese until the exterior is a deep golden brown, 20 to 25 minutes.
- 3. Transfer to a wire rack. Spoon the jelly into the exposed center of the Brie. Cool for about 30 minutes. Serve with crackers or bread.
- Note: To wrap the Brie, lift the pastry up over the cheese, pleating it at even intervals and leaving an opening in the center where the Brie will be exposed. Press the pleated edge of pastry up into a rim, which will later be filled with preserves or jelly.
- Recipe © 2005 The Editors at America’s Test Kitchen. All rights reserved.
- Read more: http://leitesculinaria.com/707/recipes-baked-brie-in-pastry.html#ixzz1dF35S4Cq
This recipe is a personal recipe added by batesballard22 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Baked Brie Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Appetizers
More Recipes for Main Dishes