Baked Beef Ziti
Source: Weight Watchers/ WW PointsPlus: 7
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 12 ounce(s) uncooked ziti
- 2 teaspoon(s) olive oil
- 2 clove(s) garlic minced
- â pound(s) raw lean ground beef
- 1 teaspoon(s) dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon(s) dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon(s) dried rosemary
- Â½ teaspoon(s) salt
- Â½ teaspoon(s) black pepper
- 28 ounce(s) canned crushed tomatoes
- 1 cup(s) part-skim mozzarella cheese shredded
- 1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2. Cook pasta according to package directions; drain and set aside.
- 3. Meanwhile, heat oil in a medium saucepan over medium heat; add garlic and saute 2 minutes. Add beef and cook until browned, breaking up meat with a spoon as it cooks, about 3 to 5 minutes; drain off any fat and set pan back over medium heat.
- 4. Add oregano, thyme, rosemary, salt and pepper; stir to coat beef. Cook until herbs become fragrant, about 2 minutes. Add tomatoes and bring mixture to a boil; reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes.
- 5. Spoon a small amount of beef-tomato mixture into bottom of a 4-quart casserole dish; top with half of cooked ziti. Next, layer with half of remaining beef-tomato sauce and half of mozzarella cheese. Layer with remaining ziti and then top with remaining beef-tomato sauce; sprinkle with remaining mozzarella cheese.
- 6. Bake until cheese is golden and bubbly, about 30 minutes. Slice into 8 pieces and serve.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by mltran08 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note