Baked Beef Stew (tapioca and marjoram)
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1 14 1/2-ounce can(s) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 3/4 cup(s) water
- 1/4 cup(s) red wine or beef broth
- 3 tablespoon(s) quick-cooking tapioca
- 2 teaspoon(s) sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoon(s) seasoned salt
- 1 teaspoon(s) browning sauce, optional
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) dried marjoram
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) pepper
- 2 pound(s) beef stew meat, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 5 small red potatoes, quartered
- 4 medium carrots, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 2 celery ribs, cut into 3/4-inch chunks
- 1 medium onion, cut into chunks
- 1/2 cup(s) soft bread crumbs
- 1 cup(s) frozen peas, thawed
- • In a large bowl, combine the tomatoes, water, wine or broth, tapioca, sugar, seasoned salt, browning sauce if desired, marjoram and pepper. Let stand for 15 minutes.
- • Add the meat, potatoes, carrots, celery, onion and bread crumbs. Pour into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Cover and bake at 375° for 1-1/4 hours.
- • Uncover; stir in peas. Bake 15-20 minutes longer or until meat and vegetables are tender. Yield: 6-8 servings.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by psfreeman and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note