Baked Beef Patties
This simple recipe turns ordinary burgers into an attractive tasty meal. You can make them ahead and bake when ready for dinner. From Diane Hixon: Niceville, Florida. Recipe published in Taste of Home April/May 1998.
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 4 1/2 teaspoon(s) minced fresh thyme or 1-1/2 teaspoons dried thyme, divided
- 3 tablespoon(s) water
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) garlic salt
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) dried oregano
- 1 dash(es) paprika
- 1 dash(es) pepper
- 1 1/4 pound(s) lean ground beef
- 1/4 cup(s) all-purpose flour
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/4 cup(s) seasoned bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoon(s) butter
- 1 cup(s) spaghetti sauce, divided
- 3/4 cup(s) shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoon(s) grated Parmesan cheese
- 4 to 6 hamburger buns, split, optional
- In a large bowl, combine 1-1/2 teaspoons of fresh thyme (or 1/2 teaspoon dried), water, garlic salt, oregano, paprika and pepper. Add beef; mix well. Shape into four to six patties. Coat patties with flour; dip into egg and then crumbs. In a skillet, brown patties in butter. Arrange in a greased shallow baking dish. Pour half of the spaghetti sauce over patties. Sprinkle with cheeses; top with remaining sauce. Bake at 400° for 25 minutes or until meat is no longer pink. Sprinkle with remaining thyme. Serve patties and sauce on buns if desired. Yield: 4-6 servings.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by psfreeman and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note