- 6 slices bacon
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 (16-ounce) can butter beans, drained
- 1 (15 1/4-ounce) can lima beans, drained
- 1 (15-ounce) can pork and beans
- 1 (15 1/4-ounce) can red kidney beans, drained
- 1 (19-ounce) can garbanzo beans, drained
- 3/4 cup ketchup
- 1/2 cup molasses
- 1/3 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- calories 451
- fat 14.8 g
- cholesterol 14 mg
- sodium 1062 mg
How to Make It
Cook bacon in a large skillet until crisp; remove bacon, reserving drippings in skillet. Crumble bacon, and set aside.
Cook onion and garlic in bacon drippings, stirring constantly, until tender; drain.
Combine bacon, onion mixture, butter beans, and remaining ingredients in a large bowl.
Spoon mixture into a lightly greased 2 1/2-quart bean pot or baking dish. Cover and bake at 375° for 1 hour or until beans are tender.