Community Recipe from
- 4 ounce(s) bacon sliced into 1/2 inch pieces
- 1 onion chopped
- 1 pound(s) dried navy beans soaked in water overnight and drained
- 1/2 cup(s) molasses
- 1/4 cup(s) ketchup
- 1 tablespoon(s) dry mustard
- 2 tablespoon(s) cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) pepper
- Heat oven 300 degrees. Cook the bacon in a dutch oven over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until nearly crisp 5-7 mins. Add the onion, 1 tsp salt and 1/2 tsp pepper and cook, stirring occasionally,until the onion is soft, 4-6 mins more.
- Add the beans, molasses,ketchup,mustard and 5 cups water to the pot and stir to combine;bring to a boil.
- Cover the pot and transfer to oven. Bake until the liquid is reduced by half,about 2 1/2 hrs. Uncover and bake, stirring onve, until the cooking liquid is thickened, 1-1 1/4 hrs more. Stir in the vinegar and serve.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by LMStone61 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Baked Beans Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Side Dishes/Vegetables
More Recipes for Main Dishes