The thick, rich taste of sorghum gives this quick recipe that all-day slow-cooked flavor.
More From Southern Living
Bake Time: 45 Minutes
- 4 bacon slices
- 1 small onion, diced
- 4 (15-ounce) cans pork and beans in tomato sauce, drained
- 1/3 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1/2 cup sorghum syrup or molasses
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- Cook bacon in a skillet over medium-high heat 4 minutes; drain, reserving 1 teaspoon drippings in skillet.
- Sauté onion in hot bacon drippings 7 minutes or until tender. Stir together onions, pork and beans, and next 5 ingredients in a lightly greased 11- x 7-inch baking dish. Top bean mixture with bacon.
- Bake at 350° for 45 minutes or until bubbly.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note