Baked Bayou Catfish with Spicy Sour Cream Sauce
For a crisp texture similar to fried fish, coat the fillets with cornmeal and bake them at a high temperature. Try squeezing a lemon wedge over the fillets to enhance the flavor.
More From Oxmoor House
- Calories: 322
- Calories from fat: 0.0%
- Fat: 15.7g
- Saturated fat: 4.6g
- Monounsaturated fat: 6.2g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 4.9g
- Protein: 28.7g
- Carbohydrate: 15.7g
- Fiber: 1.3g
- Cholesterol: 90mg
- Iron: 2.1mg
- Sodium: 524mg
- Calcium: 77mg
- Cooking spray
- 2 1/2 tablespoons hot sauce, divided
- 4 (6-ounce) catfish fillets
- 1 teaspoon Cajun seasoning (such as Luzianne)
- 1/2 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1/2 cup light sour cream
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 lemon, cut into wedges (optional)
- Chopped fresh parsley (optional)
- 1. Preheat oven to 400°.
- 2. Line a large baking sheet with foil; coat foil with cooking spray.
- 3. Brush 1 1/2 tablespoons hot sauce evenly on both sides of fillets; sprinkle with Cajun seasoning, and dredge in cornmeal, pressing gently. Place fillets on prepared pan. Coat fillets with cooking spray. Bake at 400° for 14 minutes or until fillets flake easily when tested with a fork.
- 4. While fillets bake, combine remaining 1 tablespoon hot sauce, sour cream, and salt in a small bowl, stirring with a whisk. Serve fillets with sauce and lemon wedges, if desired. Sprinkle with parsley, if desired.
- Serve with: Sweet-and-Sour Broccoli Slaw
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note