- 1 (3-pound) dressed freshwater bass
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine, melted
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 cup Chablis or other dry white wine
- 2 limes, cut into wedges
How to Make It
Rinse fish thoroughly, and pat dry. Make 3 shallow diagonal cuts in both sides of fish. Brush fish inside and out with melted butter; dust with flour. Sprinkle with salt, pepper, and garlic powder.
Place fish in a well-greased 13- x 9- x 2-inch baking dish; add wine to baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 450° for 30 minutes or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork, basting occasionally with pan drippings.
Transfer fish to a warm serving platter. Garnish with lime wedges.