Baked Bananas with Ice Cream and Shaved Chocolate
Photo: Anna Williams
- 6 slightly underripe bananas
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons orange-flavored liqueur, such as curacao or Grand Marnier, or orange juice
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, cut into small pieces
- 1 pint vanilla ice cream
- 1 ounce bittersweet or semisweet chocolate, shaved
- Heat oven to 400° F. Peel and cut each banana lengthwise in half. Place the bananas in a single layer, slightly overlapping, in a 9-by-13-inch baking dish. Pour the lemon juice over the bananas; sprinkle with the sugar, liqueur, and butter. Bake for 15 minutes, spoon the juices over the bananas, and continue baking until soft and lightly browned, about 5 to 10 more minutes.
- To serve, divide the bananas among 6 shallow bowls or plates, top with small scoops of ice cream, and garnish with chocolate shavings.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Desserts