Baked Asiago hummus
Community Recipe from
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1 15oz can garbanzo beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon seasme oil
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/2 tsp snipped fresh rosemary
- 6 tablespoons shredded asiago cheese
- Frsh rosemary sprig(optional)
- Toasted baguette slices, carrot sticks, celery sticks
- 1. Preheat oven to 450. In large skillet melt butter over medium heat. Add onion and sugar; reduce heat to medium low. Cook and stir for 20 to 25 minutes or until onions are very tender and caramelized. Coarsely chop; set aside.
- 2. In food processor combine beans, olive oil, sesame oil, garlic, rosemary, 2 tablespoon butter, salt, and 1/4 teaspoon black pepper. Process until smooth. Stir in 2 tablespoons of the cheese. Transfer to a 12 to 16 ounce individual casserole.
- 3. Top with caramelized onion and remaining cheese. Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until cheese is browned and hummus is heated through. Garnish with rosemary. Serve with baguette slices and carrot and celery sticks.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by philtoe50 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Baked Asiago hummus Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Dips/Spreads