Baked Apples with Pecans and Cranberries
During the holidays, especially if your house is full of family and you're cooking up several days' worth of big meals, you really need easy desserts. This one is quick yet festive—and it's relatively healthy, too. And if you use organic apples, you can avoid pesticides (most store-bought apples likely have pesticide residue).
More From Sunset
- 6 Cripps Pink (aka Pink Lady) apples, preferably organic
- 3/4 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1 cup unfiltered apple cider
- 1/3 cup dark brown sugar
- 2 1-in.) cinnamon sticks
- 1. Preheat oven to 375°. Slice tops (including stems) off apples. Core, put in an ungreased 9- by 13-in. baking pan, and fill with pecans and dried cranberries. Put tops back on apples.
- 2. Mix apple cider with brown sugar and pour into pan; add cinnamon sticks. Bake at 375° for 30 minutes. Serve with the pan syrup.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note