1. Core apples and leave peel on (without the peel, the apple will turn to mush)
2. Place a wee bit of butter (8 months + if baby is ready for or has had dairy) on the inside of the cored apple (8 months+ - sprinkle a bit of cinnamon in the apple if your desire and if baby is ready for or has had cinnamon)
3. Place in a shallow baking or roasting pan with a bit of water – about an inch or 2 of water
4. Bake in a 400-degree oven for 30 minutes or until tender; be sure to check on the water level.
5. Once baked, allow to cool and then slip off the skin if needed. You may either cut apple into little bits and serve as a finger food or mash as directed above in the Apples/Applesauce recipe.
Go to full version of