Community Recipe from
- 4 Apples Crunchier apples bake better
- 1/4 cup(s) Brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon(s) Cinnamon
- 1/4 cup(s) pecans chopped
- 1/4 cup(s) currants or chopped raisins
- 1 tablespoon(s) butter
- 3/4 cup(s) boiling water
- 1 Preheat oven to 375°F. Wash apples. Remove cores to 1/2 inch of the bottom of the apples. It helps if you have an apple corer, but if not, you can use a paring knife to cut out first the stem area, and then the core. Use a spoon to dig out the seeds. Make the holes about 3/4-inch to an inch wide.
- 2 In a small bowl, combine the sugar, cinnamon, currants/raisins, and pecans. Place apples in a 8-inch-by-8-inch square baking pan. Stuff each apple with this mixture. Top with a dot of butter (1/4 of the Tbps).
- 3 Add boiling water to the baking pan. Bake 30-40 minutes, until tender, but not mushy. Remove from the oven and baste the apples several times with the pan juices.
- Serve warm with vanilla ice cream on the side.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by mambaza and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Baked Apples Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Desserts
More Recipes for Main Dishes