- 6 medium cooking apples
- 3 cups cooked, mashed sweet potatoes
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup finely chopped pecans
How to Make It
Core apples to within 1/2 inch of bottom; peel skin from top third of each. Place apples in a shallow baking dish. Set aside.
Combine next 5 ingredients, mixing well. Stuff each apple with 1/2 cup sweet potato mixture. Sprinkle pecans evenly over top of each stuffed apple. Bake at 325° for 1 hour or until tender.
Note: Apples may be baked with goose during last hour of cooking time.