Baked Apple Pancakes With Caramel Sauce
Julie loves serving this recipe in individual dishes. Look for oval baking dishes in cook shops or kitchen sections of department stores.
Yield: Makes 8 servings
- 8 large eggs
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 1/2 cups buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Vegetable cooking spray
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine
- 3 Granny Smith apples, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- Powdered sugar
- Vanilla ice cream
- Caramel Sauce
- Chopped, toasted pecans
- Whisk together eggs and next 4 ingredients. (Mixture will be lumpy.) Add buttermilk and vanilla, whisking until batter is blended.
- Coat 8 (7- x 4- x 1 1/2-inch) oval baking dishes with cooking spray. Place 1 tablespoon butter in each dish.
- Bake at 425° for 3 to 4 minutes or until butter melts. Place apple slices evenly into dishes; bake 5 more minutes. Spoon about 1/2 cup batter into each dish. Sprinkle evenly with brown sugar and 1/2 cup chopped pecans. Bake 20 more minutes.
- Sprinkle pancakes with powdered sugar, and top with a scoop of vanilla ice cream; drizzle with Caramel Sauce, and sprinkle with chopped, toasted pecans.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note