Baked Apple French Toast
This breakfast dish also makes a fabulous dessert.
Yield: Makes 6 servings
- 2 (12-ounce) packages STOUFFER'S Harvest Apples
- 1/2 (16-ounce) package Italian bread loaf
- 1/3 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 1 1/3 cups milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Garnishes: whipped cream, ground cinnamon, cinnamon sticks
- Thaw apples in microwave at MEDIUM (50% power) 6 to 7 minutes.
- Cut Italian bread loaf, diagonally, into 6 equal slices. Set aside.
- Stir together apples and brown sugar. Spoon into a lightly greased 13- x 9-inch baking dish.
- Whisk together eggs, milk, and vanilla in a shallow dish until blended. Place bread slices in egg mixture, and let stand 1 minute. Turn bread slices over, and let stand 1 more minute. Place bread slices in an even layer on top of apple mixture.
- Bake at 350° for 35 to 40 minutes or until bread centers are firm. Invert each serving of French toast, placing bread slices bottom sides down on individual plates. Garnish, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note