- 2 (12-ounce) packages STOUFFER'S Harvest Apples
- 1/2 (16-ounce) package Italian bread loaf
- 1/3 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 1 1/3 cups milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Garnishes: whipped cream, ground cinnamon, cinnamon sticks
How to Make It
Thaw apples in microwave at MEDIUM (50% power) 6 to 7 minutes.
Cut Italian bread loaf, diagonally, into 6 equal slices. Set aside.
Stir together apples and brown sugar. Spoon into a lightly greased 13- x 9-inch baking dish.
Whisk together eggs, milk, and vanilla in a shallow dish until blended. Place bread slices in egg mixture, and let stand 1 minute. Turn bread slices over, and let stand 1 more minute. Place bread slices in an even layer on top of apple mixture.
Bake at 350° for 35 to 40 minutes or until bread centers are firm. Invert each serving of French toast, placing bread slices bottom sides down on individual plates. Garnish, if desired.