Baked 13 Mile Oysters with Jalapeño, Lime, and Cilantro Butter
- 3 dozen small to medium Apalachicola oysters
- Kosher salt
- 3 tablespoons peanut oil
- 4 small jalapeño chiles
- 2 tablespoons lime zest
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1. Shuck oysters. Discard the top shell; keep oysters in the deeper bottom shell. Arrange oysters over kosher salt in a jellyroll pan.
- 2. Heat oil in a small skillet over high heat. Add jalapeños, and cook 2 to 4 minutes, turning occasionally, until skin is golden and blistered. Transfer jalapeños to a small bowl, and cover with plastic wrap. Let stand 5 minutes.
- 3. Peel and seed jalapeños; finely chop, and place in a medium bowl. Add lime zest and next 5 ingredients, stirring to combine. Top each oyster with 1/2 teaspoon butter mixture. (Store remaining butter in refrigerator.)
- 4. Bake oysters at 450° for 8 minutes or until the edges of the oysters begin to curl.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note