Bake Chicken With Garlic and Sun Dried Tomatoes
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1 pound(s) chicken breasts boneless, cut into 4 oz portions
- 1 tablespoon(s) olive oil
- 20 clove(s) garlic peeled
- 1 whole(s) medium yellow onion sliced thin
- 0.5 cup(s) sun dried tomatoes (not packed in oil) chopped
- 0.25 cup(s) white wine
- 0.75 cup(s) chicken stock
- 1 teaspoon(s) dried oregano
- white pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Rinse the chicken under cold running water and pat dry. Crush two of the 20 garlic cloves.
- Place an ovenproof skillet over moderate heat. Once warm add oil. Once oil is hot, add crushed garlic to pan then place chicken in the pan on top of the garlic. Toss in remaining garlic cloves.
- Cook chicken for about 8 minutes or until it will release itself easily from the pan then flip to cook the other side. Continue to cook for 4 minutes.
- Remove the chicken from the skillet. Set aside.
- Place onions and tomatoes over the caramelized garlic. Allow the onions and tomatoes to sweat in the pan for 3-4 minutes. Reduce heat and add wine. With a spoon stir the pan to remove the browned bits from the bottom of the pan. This deglazing technique will remove the flavor stuck to the bottom of the pan and release it to the vegetables.
- Add chicken back to the skillet. Add stock just until the liquid level reaches halfway up the sides of the chicken. Add oregano and pepper to taste. Cover with tight fitting lid and place in oven. Bake 30 minutes.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by Sherry3456 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note