Baja Pork Stew
- 1 (3-pound) boneless pork loin roast, cut into 3/4-inch cubes
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3 (10 1/2-ounce) cans chicken broth, undiluted
- 2 (10-ounce) cans tomatoes and green chiles, undrained
- 1 (4-ounce) can diced green chiles, undrained
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 (15 1/2-ounce) cans black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (16-ounce) package frozen whole kernel corn
- 8 (8-inch) flour tortillas
- Shredded Cheddar cheese
- Toppings: sour cream, chopped green onions, salsa
- Garnish: fresh cilantro sprigs
- Dredge pork in flour.
- Brown half the pork in 1 1/2 tablespoons hot oil in a large Dutch oven, turning once. Repeat procedure with remaining pork and oil. Stir in broth and next 7 ingredients; bring to a boil. Reduce heat, and simmer 1 hour and 30 minutes.
- Stir in beans and corn; simmer 30 minutes. Spoon mixture down center of flour tortillas. Sprinkle with cheese, and fold sides over filling. Serve with desired toppings; garnish, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Soups/Stews