Baja Light Fish Tacos
Photo: Leigh Beisch; Styling: Karen Shinto
Grilled instead of deep-fried, and with a trimmed-down tartar sauce.
Yield: Makes 12 to 14
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 151
- Calories from fat: 27%
- Protein: 10g
- Fat: 4.7g
- Saturated fat: 0.6g
- Carbohydrate: 18g
- Fiber: 1.9g
- Sodium: 210mg
- Cholesterol: 17mg
- 1 tablespoon ancho chile powder
- 2 teaspoons dried Mexican oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 1/2 pounds boned, skinned Pacific cod
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 12 to 14 corn tortillas* (5 to 6 in.), warmed on grill
- Cabbage and Cilantro Slaw
- Light Chipotle Tartar Sauce
- 1. Heat grill to high (450° to 550°). Combine seasonings in a small bowl. Set fish on a rimmed baking sheet. Rub all over with oil, then sprinkle with seasonings. Oil cooking grate, using tongs and a wad of oiled paper towels.
- 2. Grill fish, covered, turning once, until just cooked through, 4 to 6 minutes total. Break fish into large chunks. Fill tortillas with slaw and fish. Serve with tartar sauce.
- *If tortillas are very thin, buy double the amount and stack 2 per taco.
- Note: Nutritional analysis is per taco with 1 tbsp. sauce.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This