I modified this to make in the Crock-Pot. After making the marinade, I placed about half of the mixture in the bottom of the Crock-Pot and used the remainder to coat (under and over skin) bone-in and skin-on chicken breasts. Placed the chicken skin-side up in the Crock-Pot and cooked on low for 7 hours. Could have reduced the cook time, but this was really good!
Bainbridge Island Vineyards Greek Garlic Chicken
Vineyard co-owner Jo Ann Bentryn uses considerably more salt to give the sauce the quality she likes. But Sunset's taste panel preferred less; you can always add more when serving. For speed, buy peeled or minced garlic; or with the flat side of a knife, lightly smash cloves and pull off skin.
More From Sunset
- Calories: 419
- Calories from fat: 56%
- Protein: 38g
- Fat: 26g
- Saturated fat: 6.1g
- Carbohydrate: 7.5g
- Fiber: 0.8g
- Sodium: 420mg
- Cholesterol: 129mg
- 8 chicken legs (thighs and drumsticks attached; about 5 lb. total)
- 2/3 cup minced garlic (about 3 heads)
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 1/2 tablespoons dried oregano
- 2 tablespoons coarse-ground pepper
- 1 to 2 tablespoons salt
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- Parsley sprigs
- 1. Rinse chicken, pat dry, and pull off and discard lumps of fat. Put legs in a rimmed 12- by 17-inch pan.
- 2. In a bowl, mix minced garlic, lemon juice, olive oil, oregano, pepper, and salt. Smear garlic mixture evenly over chicken, then arrange legs, cut side down, in a single layer.
- 3. Bake in a 375° oven until skin is well browned, about 1 1/2 hours (1 1/4 hours in a convection oven). After 45 minutes, baste chicken with pan juices every 10 to 15 minutes.
- 4. Transfer chicken to a warm platter. Skim and discard fat from drippings. Add 1/2 cup boiling water to pan, stir to loosen browned bits, and pour sauce into a bowl.
- 5. Scatter chopped parsley over chicken; garnish with parsley sprigs. Add sauce to taste.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note