This was delish!
A common craving among our readers is for ethnic, spicy fare, and these Vietnamese-style sandwiches fill the bill. You can prepare the pork and the mayonnaise mixture (steps 3 and 4) up to a day ahead. Assemble these Bahn Mi sandwiches up to four hours ahead, wrap in plastic wrap, and refrigerate.
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 343
- Calories from fat: 22%
- Fat: 8.3g
- Saturated fat: 1.8g
- Monounsaturated fat: 2.7g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 3.2g
- Protein: 17.5g
- Carbohydrate: 50.2g
- Fiber: 4.2g
- Cholesterol: 37mg
- Iron: 2.1mg
- Sodium: 721mg
- Calcium: 20mg
- 1/2 cup shredded carrot
- 1/2 cup grated peeled daikon radish
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 3 tablespoons chili garlic sauce (such as Lee Kum Kee)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 (1-pound) pork tenderloin, trimmed
- Cooking spray
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons fat-free mayonnaise
- 2 (20-inch) baguettes (about 8 1/2 ounces each)
- 16 thin cucumber slices (about 1 cucumber)
- 16 cilantro sprigs
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced green onions (about 2)
- 1 seeded and thinly sliced jalapeño pepper
- 1. Combine the first 5 ingredients; cover and let stand 15 minutes to 1 hour. Drain.
- 2. Preheat oven to 400°.
- 3. Combine the chili garlic sauce and 1 1/2 teaspoons sugar; stir well. Place pork on the rack of a small roasting pan or broiler pan coated with cooking spray. Spread 2 tablespoons chili garlic mixture evenly over pork; sprinkle the pork with 1/2 teaspoon salt. Bake at 400° for 20 minutes or until a thermometer registers 155° (slightly pink). Cool; cover the pork, and refrigerate.
- 4. Combine mayonnaise and remaining chili garlic sauce mixture; cover and refrigerate.
- 5. Cut each baguette horizontally, cutting to, but not through, other side using a serrated knife. Spread mayonnaise mixture evenly on cut sides of baguettes. Thinly slice pork; divide pork evenly between baguettes. Top evenly with carrot mixture. Arrange 8 cucumber slices and 8 cilantro sprigs on each baguette. Top evenly with onions and jalapeño. Press top gently to close; cut each baguette into 4 equal servings.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note