- 1 (1/2- to 1-pound) beef kidney
- 2 cups water
- 3 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 3 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1/8 teaspoon ground thyme
- 1 bay leaf
- 2/3 cup beef broth
- 1/2 cup Burgundy or other dry red wine
- Hot cooked noodles
How to Make It
Remove and discard any fatty tissue from kidney. Combine water and vinegar; soak kidney in water-vinegar mixture 1 hour. Drain well.
Slice kidney in 1/4-inch-thick slices. Combine flour, salt, and pepper; dredge kidney in flour mixture. Set aside.
Sauté onion and garlic in butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add kidney; cook over low heat 5 minutes or until browned, turning occasionally. Add thyme, bay leaf, beef broth, and wine; cover and simmer 30 minutes or until kidney is tender. Remove and discard bay leaf. Serve over hot cooked noodles.