Bagna Cauda Butter
This recipe goes with Barbecued Oysters 3 Ways
Yield: Makes about 3/4 cup, enough to top about 24 oysters
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 49
- Calories from fat: 82%
- Protein: 1.6g
- Fat: 4.4g
- Saturated fat: 2.5g
- Carbohydrate: 1g
- Fiber: 0.0g
- Sodium: 97mg
- Cholesterol: 22mg
- 1 large garlic clove
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 canned anchovy fillet
- 1/2 cup room-temperature butter
- 1/4 cup chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 1 tablespoon chopped drained capers
- 1. In a mortar with a pestle, or on a cutting board using a fork, mash garlic with salt into a paste. Add anchovy fillet and continue mashing until incorporated. Scrape into a bowl and add butter, parsley, and capers. Mix well.
- 2. Spoon across a piece of plastic wrap and roll up into a 1 1/2-in.-thick log. Refrigerate at least 1 hour or up to 1 week.
- 3. With a sharp knife, cut into slices about 1/4 in. thick to top oysters.
- Note: Nutritional analysis is per oyster with 1 1/2 tsp. topping.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Sauces/Condiments