- 2 bunches baby beets, trimmed
- 5 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 can (2 oz.) anchovies packed in olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, peeled
- 2 bunches baby carrots, peeled and tops trimmed to about 3 in. long
- 2 bulbs baby fennel (or 1 bulb regular fennel), trimmed, cut lengthwise into slender wedges
- 1 bunch asparagus, trimmed
- 1/2 pound tender young green beans, trimmed
- calories 265
- caloriesfromfat 70 %
- protein 5.2 g
- fat 21 g
- satfat 8.7 g
- carbohydrate 17 g
- fiber 4.8 g
- sodium 371 mg
- cholesterol 37 mg
How to Make It
Preheat oven to 400°. Toss beets and 2 tbsp. oil together in a medium baking dish. Cover with foil and bake until beets are tender when pierced with the tip of a knife, about 25 minutes. Peel beets when cool enough to handle, then halve or quarter, depending on their size.
Whirl butter, remaining 3 tbsp. oil, the anchovies (including oil), and garlic together in a food processor until anchovies and garlic are minced. Transfer to a small saucepan. Simmer over medium-low heat 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Season to taste with salt. Pour bagna cauda into a small warmed bowl.
Arrange vegetables on a platter and serve with bagna cauda for dunking.